What rebates are available ?
There are two Medicare plans accessible for patients receiving services at Therapies for Kids.
The Chronic Disease Management (CDM) Plan* :
Patients with a chronic medical condition (i.e. that has or is expected to last more than 6 months are eligible for this plan. Up to five sessions are rebated by Medicare. These five visits can be used across a combination of services (i.e. 3 for physiotherapy and 2 for Occupational Therapy),
The plan can be used for a year after the Date of Referral
This plan is available for use with Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology Services at Therapies for Kids
*Formerly the ‘Enhanced Primary Care’ Plan
The Focused Psychological Strategies or Better Access Plan:
Eligibility can be decided by a GP or a mental health care practitioner,
An initial provision of up to 6 rebated therapy sessions. Upon review, another 6 may be approved,
- The plan can be used for a year after the Date of Referral
- This plan is available for use with Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology services at Therapies for Kids
Getting a Referral
Your GP will be able to help organise a referral for either one, or both of these plans.
Under Medicare, CDM Plans require your doctor to prepare a GP Management Plan or Team Care Arrangement, while FPS Plans require your doctor to prepare a GP Mental Health Treatment Plan at the time of referral.
Accessing Services with your plan
Once your GP has arranged a referral under a plan, bring your referral to Therapies for Kids in order to start accessing rebates. Currently you will have to pay and your receipt will allow you to claim at Medicare.
How will Medicare know that I have a plan ?
When your doctor creates your referral, it registers on the Medicare system, meaning that you can only access services from that day, and meaning that they know you have access to rebates. Additionally, your receipt will include extra information indicating what rebate you are entitled to. Medicare uses this information to issue you a rebate.
- Talk to your doctor about eligibility as certain thresholds do apply
- Call Medicare for the most up to date rebate amounts
- We encourage clients to keep track of how many sessions they have claimed using their plan
- All receipts must have extra details on them- talk to reception if you are concerned that your receipt is not correct
The Department of Health and Ageing’s website www.health.gov.au
Medicare website http://www.humanservices.gov.au/